Sunday 14 August 2016

A couple of Butterflies

I needed a couple of cards and the Bigz butterfly from Inkylicious had been on my desk for a few days waiting to be inked up, so here is the result. I ink dusted and stamped the backgrounds with Tiny Text onto Silk Art card. For the first card I used bundled sage and dried marigold. To colour the butterfly I used the same colours of Distress ink marker and also tumbled glass.
My second card used the spring set of distress inks (Peacock feathers, Shaded lilac and Squeezed lemonade). For both I used the Weathered Wood Distress marker to make a shadow around the edge of the butterfly, blending the edge with a water brush. Once it was dry I added a few highlights with a Sakura clear stardust and a glaze pen. All stamps and inks are from Inkylicious.
Can't believe my luck that the Challenge this week at Allsorts is Butterflies so I am entering them there! I also used snippets to mat and layer with so I am skipping off to the snippet playground with them, and that has absolutely nothing to do with the mention of empty bottles! I am just back from a break in south Wales, so I am bringing some Welsh cakes with me. I'll be back with photos to share very soon. 
Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Sally.
what a brilliant and very super cards.
Your inking is so fantastic, and I love the colour choices.
That butterfly stamp is gorgeous also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sarn said...

Super cards Sally. Lovely inking, as ever.

PS: See me behind the bike sheds (1 week only) . . . I've got a summer cocktail on the go and I think you'll like it!
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Fliss said...

THese are gorgeous Sally. Both so elegant and wonderful inking too.
Hope you had a good time in Wales.
Fliss xx

Mrs A. said...

What bliss. I'm in seventh heaven. Two butterfly cards and so gorgeous . Love them both. Hugs
Mrs A.

Helen said...

brilliant cards!

Kathleen said...

Both cards are done in really beautiful colours and I like the way you have coloured the butterflies to match the backgrounds.
Thank you for joining our Butterfly challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Pat said...

What gorgeous butterflies Sally, the colours are so soft and pretty and the small script makes a delightful background. x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two beautiful cards and I love the delicate pastel colours that you've used. I especially like the first one with it's peachy background, and the butterfly is a stunner, I love it. Crafty hugs, Sandra X

Karen Petitt said...

Absolutely stunning inking Sally. Both of these beauties would look wonderful if framed and I have to admit that the first one is my favourite of the two, just gorgeous. Another stamp that I must add to the wish list too lol Karen x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two stunning cards Sally. Up until now I've managed to resist buying this stamp, I can see that it's going to on my list for Ally Pally next month.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Sally, what wonderful cards, it's a gorgeous image and colour choices are beautiful, love the backgrounds with the text, Kate x

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely display for our challenge at Allsorts challenges, Butterflies, thanks for sharing.xx[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Stella said...

Lovely Sally

brenda said...

Two gorgeous creations for our Butterfly theme Sal, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week. I'm enjoying using this stamp, thank you.

B x

Di said...

In a word Sally - stunning!! Love both card, fabulous how the background and the butterflies are so well matched.

Great to see you in the Playground, I had a day off yesterday so am catching up now with commenting :)

Hugs

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY beautiful, I love the butterflies.
Faith
x