Sunday 10 March 2019

A card and some news

Hi there
Thought I would share a card I made a couple of weeks ago with you. It is very plain and simple. The teasel is a woodware stamp and the sentiment is from Bee Crafty and I LOVE it. I did the background with brushos. As the hexagons were cut from snippets I am popping over to the snippet playground. Sorry I have been absent for so long Miss Di! Onto my news...
  This summer marks thirty years since I became a teacher. Round numbers are good aren't they? I have decided that thirty is enough and it is time to stop being envious of my lovely hubby and time to join him in retirement.  I am looking forward to more baking, more walking, more card making, more blogging and more karate. I am also looking forward to watching TV instead of marking, being able to go to the loo when I need to and drinking more water (those last two are linked lol).  I might not be able to afford as many stamps as I can now but I will have the time to use what I have already got. Hoping to get a few more magazine commissions to get some spending money and maybe some DT work too. What I do know is that I will be happier, less stressed and not constantly guilty when I have 'me time'.
 Thanks for looking and for your lovely comments



8 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card is truly Gorgeous Sally. love the hexagon shape and it's colours, with the teasel inside it, also a Great sentiment.

Whoop whoop another joins the retirement gang, oh! you will enjoy it so much LOL.
Faith
x

Helen said...

I love that card with the bold shape, and the colours. congrats on your forthcoming retirement; much deserved (jealous!)

cuilliesocks said...

Well don you, if you are anything like me you will love being retired, but don't think that you will have more time, you'll find you will be busier than ever, but at least with things that you want to be busy with.
Teaching must be so difficult now with the constant changes, I don't know how the teachers manage.
I wish you every happiness in the new phase of your life.
Love your card, it's a wonderful stamp and a great sentiment, super design too, Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Sally, I love the beautiful background colours. Crongrats on your forthcoming retirement, I look forward to seeing what you make with your extra time.

Sue xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Love the colourful background and the sentiment is great. Not working to a timetable will come as a bit of a shock to the system, especially when it gets to September but you’ll soon get used to it. It’s true what other people have said about being busier than ever and you will wonder how you ever found the time to work! When I left the school where I worked, strangely enough, the thing that I missed the most was the singing. You could follow the seasons by what songs were being sung. You’ve earned your rest Sally and just think of all the time you’ll have to craft...... it sounds like heaven x

Di said...

So happy to see you in the Snippets Playground Sally! What a wonderful card - the teasel and sentiment stamps are really gorgeous. And I adore your background too.

What wonderful news, as has already been said you'll find your days will still be busy 0 having fun of your choosing. And you might very well wonder how you ever even found time to go to work.

Do come back again and play Sally!

Hugs

Di xx

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous card, love the colourful background. Emmax

Cath Wilson said...

Yay! Congratulations and good for you! I'm sure you'll be much happier. My friend, who just turned 60, is doing 2 days a week and loving doing less, but still has a fair bit of prep. I hope you'll enjoy it and get more time to do the things you love.
Your card is wonderful - a lovely focal point for that fab WW thistle, which was another of my faves for a while. Great idea to use the hexagons.
Cath x