Sunday 17 March 2019

My Favourite Stamp...or is it?

The Challenge over at Allsorts this week is to use your favourite stamp... now that is a tricky one! I've ummed and ahhed  and thought about hares (my latest favourites), moons, leaves and trees, and finally came up with this tree from Inkylicious. The splatter circle is also a stamp and a very useful one too.
I stamped the Inkylicious splatter circle with second generation oxide ink in candied apple, fossilised amber, cracked pistachio, tumbled glass and wilted violet, sprayed with water. Once dry I stamped the inkylicious tree with versafine clair in Morning mist, grounded it with a little sponging and added buds with gold and green liquid pearls. The base card was sponged with the same distress oxide inks through an inkylicious stencil. You will be able to see the first generation stamping of the splatter circle on my mid month card for stamping Sensations Rainbow themed challenge, tomorrow.
A close contender for favourite stamp has to be one of my new purchases from Pink Ink designs. Here is my first inking of the lovely Meadow Hare.
 I stamped him onto a piece of watercolour card left over from another project and coloured him with Zig clean colour markers. I cut him out then stamped his tail again onto a snippet of white card, cut out and stuck in place with 3d glue gel. I did the same with the butterfly wings. I then stamped it once more onto a piece of smooth white card dusted with wilted violet, peacock feathers and citrus zest distress ink using a moon stencil. I coloured with the same pens and added dots of liquid pearls and glitter glue to the hare and the background. These stamps are such a joy to work with! I am taking this card to a couple of challenges. There is Cardz 4 Galz where the theme is March Hares or Rabbits and Miss Di's Snippet playground.
    Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Helen said...

My favourite stamp changes regularly! I have too many to choose from for a firm favourite! (def. going to be immortal here, too!)

cuilliesocks said...

Two wonderful cards Sally, love them both, but the tree just inches ahead as I love trees. Fabulous inky background and a super stencil too.
Lovely image of a hare and beautifully coloured, Kate x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Two great cards so colourful

Cath Wilson said...

This is gorgeous, Sally. I love the colours you used and I did eye up that splatter stamp for a little while, before changing my mind. Don't tempt me...! The tree is beautiful, too - we always have stamps we prefer to use amongst our images, even if we have more than one BIG favourite, don't we? Love the background, too. A beautiful card.

Cath x

Kathleen said...

A gorgeous background and a really lovely card, the tree really stands out against the background. Thank you for joining our 'Favourites' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Kathleen said...

Oops forgot to say that I love your second card too.

Kath x

Linby said...

So many wonderful stamps to choose from Sal isn't there. I love that tree too and your card is super colourful and bright. Love that second one too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

brenda said...

I know we're asking the impossible really Sally, but great current choices here and adore Mr Hare and all your lovely colours and knew there would have to be a tree in there (might be something to appeal in the next CB show!). Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Even I couldn't choose a favourite of yours, they are all amazing. I LOVE the vibrancy of this with the rainbow colours, which actually (to me) makes the solitary tree striking. Love your card Sally. As for the hare? He is just an amazing character, I can see why your love him so much, I have a leaning to him myself. Another FABULOUS card. LOVE the quote too LOL. I'm being good with my spending - so far.
Faith x

Di said...

Rwo beautiful cards Sally! I love the background sponging on your tree card. But the hare steals the show for me - he's a splendid looking chap! Wonderful to see you back in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

EmmaT said...

Two beautiful cards, love the rainbow background to your tree and the hare is gorgeous. Emma

Cazro said...

I adore your Hare, gorgeous colouring, a stunning card. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT.