Sunday 16 June 2019

A garden full of fledglings!

Hi there! Thought I would take the opportunity to share some photos of the new fledglings in the garden. I think the weather kept a few broods nest-bound for longer than expected and over the last few days we have had lots at the feeders. I haven't managed to photograph them all, but we have at least 5 blue tits, 3 great tits, 4 robins, 2 blackbirds and 4 or 5 wrens in addition to the house sparrows, starlings and godfinches that were around before the rain.
Here are some photos...
first up is the blackbird

Daddy blackbird is very busy keeping them fed
 Here is a great tit


then some bluetits...






 Here are the robins...




 More blue tits


 The tiny tiny wrens...

 And one last robin...
 So as you can see the report writing is going slowly when I have all these distractions just outside the window and a camera next to me!!! Hope you have enjoyed looking at the photos and not noticed the state of our windows, lol!
Thanks for looking and I will be back on Tuesday with my mid month inspiration for Stamping Sensations.

4 comments:

Helen said...

wow!! you are so lucky to have these nesting and posing for you! great photos.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What wonderful sights you have from your window Sally, the photos are fantastic. Good luck with the report writing, I'm sure the windows will still be there when you retire.

Sue xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such beautiful photos of the birds Sally, I wish there wasn't so much reflection in our windows to enable me to get one or two photos of our bird feeder. Shows how much we know, we have been saying this week that the robins have disappeared, seems they don't have their red breast at the moment. LOL. They are a joy to watch aren't they? Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos.
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

What a delightful post Sally, and such marvellous photos of the birds. I'm always amazed at the baby robins having no coloured breast. I can see why the marking isn't getting done, Kate x