Saturday 22 June 2019

Pastel Colours for Allsorts

This week's challenge at Allsorts is to use pastel colours. I used my gelli plate and oxide inks to make the paper using a Honey Doo stamp called repot rose. It is one of those gorgeously simple fine-lined stamps that make a beautiful card.  I then stamped the image onto watercolour paper and coloured with my Arteza brush pens, adding a little glitter glue in the centre of each flower.
As I got home from work on Friday my next door neighbour was waiting for me and asked if I could make her a 90th birthday card for her mother-in-law. I invited her in to take a look in my box to see if any were the sort of thing she was looking for. This is the card she chose, so I added a 'Happy 90th Birthday' sentiment to the front and another sentiment inside. She was delighted with it. I'm looking forward to using my gelli plate a lot more in five weeks time! I've written 21 reports now, so only 8 more to go, then I will enjoy reacquainting myself with my craft table.
Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments.

7 comments:

Karenladd said...

This is just gorgeous and I love the the addition of the glitter glue in the flower centers!

brenda said...

Come tomorrow when you start a new week think you could almost say days rather than weeks and months Sal. Your card is a perfect fit for our theme this week, so pretty and delicate, thanks so much for joining in our 'Soft Pastels' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Helen said...

Such a pretty card, will be perfect for a 90th birthday. good luck with the rest of the reports!

cuilliesocks said...

What a gorgeous card Sally, it's a beautiful floral image and your background is so pretty as is your colours, Kate x

Kathleen said...

A really lovely creation, very pretty and super background and love the beautifully coloured image.
Thank you for joining our 'Soft Pastels' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Linby said...

What a beautiful soft and gentle card.
Thanks for joining in with the Allsorts challenge.
Lynn x
DT

I can feel you counting the days Lol!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card with so many lovely details, I can see why your neighbour chose it. AND you in your busiest time of the year too. Well Done.
Faith x