Sunday 21 June 2020

Pets at Allsorts

I had a little smile when I saw the Pets Challenge at Allsorts this week. I have a pet Giant Africa Land Snail called Brian...  My make is a birthday card I made for my God Daughter who also had a pet Snail called Gary until quite recently. 
I created a distress oxide background on coated card stock, stamped with Lavinia stamps and then sealed with laquer. I wasn't sure it was going to work, but having done some of the stamping in versafine Clair and the chalky texture of the oxides I knew it would need something to stop it smudging. Very happy to say that it worked.
If you aren't keen on snails you might not want to look any further, but just to prove snails are great pets, here is Brian...


He munches his way through the salad drawer, and has a great love of cucumber and sweet potatoes.
He loves having a shower in the sink and doesn't need a great deal to keep him happy. His grandfather (also called Brian) lived to the grand old age of 9 and had many offspring.
Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

brenda said...

And I had a smile when I read his name, Magic Roundabout days returned immediately. He's huuuuuuuuuge Sal! Great card for our theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Sally. I had a friend many years ago (sadly no longer with us) who kept these giant snails. I'm afraid to say that I couldn't quite call them a pet, but she loved them.

Sue xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card is amazing, fabulous background to the snails. After only seeing those snails on TV, I now have seen 2 of my blog friends keep them - WOW!
Take care
Faith x

Pat said...

I wouldn't say snails are my favourite, especially when they decide to decimate your plants, but Brian has charm, and what a whopper! I love your photos of him feasting on cucumber, so cute! I love the Lavinia snails, and you have set them off beautifully with the bright blue foliage and toadstools, and the pink and yellow glow from the sun/moonlight is perfect Sally. x

Viv said...

Lovely card Sal.... and I'm with B - Magic Roundabout memories!

Ellibelle said...

I love snails (unless they are having a party in my vegetable garden!) What a unique pet and he looks gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts where it's all about pets, and for introducing us to Brian.
Ellibelle's Corner

Craftyfield said...

Lovely scene you've created with these Lavinia images Sally! I love the snails' shell colours, the giants ones are a bit scary though!

Kathleen said...

What a great card super background and colours and a very unusual pet.
Thank you for joining our 'Pets' challenge at Allsorts.
Kath x