Saturday 27 June 2020

Rudolf Days for June

It is time for Rudolf Days at Scrappy Mo's. I have got to admit it has snook up on me once more so have only made my cards today. They are two very different ones this time. My first was inspired by the lovely Sandra at Sandma Cards, who made some beauties for Crafty Individuals using their bare trees. I stamped the base card with CI-430 and distress oxide in shaded lilac. The background for the tree was inked with distress oxides in shaded lilac and blueprint sketch. I splattered it with water and mopped off the excess. I used white embossing powder on the largest tree from CI-209 before adding a little more ink, glitter, fine tipped pen and liquid pearls to the foreground.

My second card is a woodware stamp, coloured with ecoline brush pens with a little added glossy accents and frosted stickles.
I do hope you are all okay out there. I'm keeping busy with a mixture of stamping, crochet, karate, baking, gardening, sewing and embroidery. I've still not been bored enough to wash the car! I'm doing 3 hours of karate via Zoom each week, which is helpiing me to stay fit, along with a few walks. The crochet has slowed down whilst the weather is hot, but I am sure I will still have finished it by the Autumn.
 
This is probably the half way point.
Thanks for looking and for all your lovely comments.

7 comments:

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous RD cards, stunning tree and gorgeous backgrounds and a lovely bright and beautiful creation for your second card.

Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally, I love the icy feel to the top card. The second is very modern conpared to the traditional feel of the first. Your blancket looks beautiful and I love the Autumnal colours you've picked for it. Thank you for joining in the Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

Sue xx

PS I love Phils pens. I have the Aqua version of Promarkers and Spectrum Noir as well and would be happy to trade them for just Phils.

Pat said...

I love both of your cards Sally, and love the pretty CI tree which you have white embossed and the added background using the Shade Lilac DOx ink is so bright and beautiful, and then the totally different look of the second with the lovely bright scarlet and green and touches of blue and brown, and the dangling embellishments including the cute robin. Glad you have your karate and all your different crafting to keep you busy. The blanket is certainly growing. x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Sally what wonderful makes on your post, I love your blanket, such a gorgeous pattern and colours, and your cards are beautiful, the first one is so fresh and frosty looking, and the second one is so bright and cheerful.
Well done on keeping up the karate during lockdown. I'm missing my aqua aerobics and the gym and pool won't be open for a while yet up here, have a lovely weekend, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! your first card is mesmerizing, so much to take in with the scene. Gorgeous. Love your second card such beautiful fun. As for your crochet, love the pattern and just half way through? Wonderful work in all of these projects Sally.
Take care
Faith x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sally,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Your cards are really lovely and they are both so different and gorgeous.
Wonderful work as usual on both.
I agree Sandra's work is brilliant.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

scrappymo! said...

My goodness, Sally. You have so much patience to work on a crochet project that large! It is really beautiful!

Your cards look great. The first is so elegant and gorgeous too.
The second is a fun and modern take on Christmas. It is amazing how the Woodware stamps are recognizable by their distinct style! They are so lovely.

Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.