Monday 9 November 2020

A Happy journal spread for Bee Crafty

 Here is a journal page spread that I created in my Dylusions journal using Bee Crafty stamps. I took a few photos along the way, so hopefully you will see how it came together.
I used
Chalk effect acrylic paint in marine blue, pale green and dark green
pale green gel pen 

First I painted across both pages with chalk effect paint in a marine blue, pale green and a darker green. I put a layer of scrap paper under the pages each side to protect those underneath from my messiness!
I set this aside to dry and stamped and coloured a selection of beautanical leaves and doodle art mushrooms. 
Once coloured with ecoline pens, I cut them out
Now here is the bit I forgot to take a photo for. I stencilled some leaves at the top of the dry pages using the leafy branch d'inkable and black soot distress oxide ink. I also added a few smudges of black distress crayon as ground, before stamping some foliage from the doodle art mushroom set in archival black ink along the lower edge.
After spending a while moving the images around, I found where I wanted to put them and I stuck them down. Now I should have used a mat medium, but forgot and used PVA, which left a couple of little shiny marks.... To cover them up I used the sentiment and then added a few highlights in gel pen - a pale green for the foliage and white elsewhere on the page.  
Thanks for looking!  

6 comments:

Viv said...

Lovely 'shrooms who look right at home in their woodland surroundings Sal! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How very Beautiful Sally, love the colourful pages and those mushrooms and leaves, great sentiments too.
Faith x

Pat said...

A beautiful journal page Sally and love the pretty bright leaves and toadstools against the darker background, and the bits of white pen to highlight and also added to the foliage at the bottom which really makes pop, and the word strips look great too. x

cuilliesocks said...

This is just gorgeous Sally, I love the pages and your images and colours are fabulous, Kate x

MagsB said...

I LOVE this, Sally! The mushrooms are gorgeous, and your brighter colours pop so beautifully against the soft background! Fabulous!

love Mags B x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for the step by steps and what a fabulous journal page. Full of colour, bright and happy x.