Saturday 23 July 2022

Blooming Beautiful!

Hi there! I have been busy all week making samples for the Bee Crafty stamp launch on Facebook on Monday, but took a little while out to complete my blog post for today. I have made an inky card for you today. 

I began by smooshing some worn lipstick and peeled paint distress oxide inks onto some mixed media card. 
Next I used crackling campfire and abandoned coral distress oxide ink through a dinkable. 
I added the brick effect with another dinkable and vintage photo distress oxide ink.
On a piece of watercolour paper, I stamped the flower from the doodle art XL ladybird twice, colouring it with ecolines and cutting out the whole flower on one and the centre flower.  
I stamped the leaf from the Just bloom set three times, colouring it with ecolines and cut them out.
On a scrap of card I stamped the sentiment from the same set and layered it with some black paper.
Finally, I matted the background onto a 7x5" blank card, assembling the flower using ultra thick gel medium. 
I used:
Distress oxide inks in worn lipstick, peeled paint and vintage photo
5x7" card blank 
black paper

If you haven't already heard, there is a Facebook launch of 4 new stamp sets and 2 sets of inkables on the Bee crafty Facebook page on Tuesday! Here's a little taster of what is coming! 


2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Such beautiful cards Sally, the flowers are so pretty with lovely colours, super designs too, Kate x

Pat said...

I love the way you have built up the backgrounds on the two cards Sally and the flowers are beautiful over the top, also love the added stencilling on the base card which you have added on the second. x