Saturday 2 July 2022

Time amongst Trees journal pages

Hi There! I am sure many of you know how much I love a good tree stamp and this set is in the end of line section on the Bee Crafty website at the moment. I thought I would create a journal spread with it in my Dina Wakely Kraft journal, so here is a step by step on how it came together.

First I painted clear gesso across both pages and set aside to dry.
I took some book pages and tore them into strips, adding a little colour with distress oxide inks. (If using book pages is something you struggle to do, you could always ask for any damaged books in your local charity shop) 
On the dry journal page I sprayed Dylusions White Linen and Tarnished brass Distress spray stain with a little water and let it dribble down the page. 
Once the pages were dry I stuck on the strips of paper with matte medium.
I dry brushed a little gesso over the text and went around the edge of the landscape bits with a Pumice stone distress crayon.
Next I stamped the tree in versafine clair on the lower hill. 
on the opposite side I stamped the sentiment. 
Using Hero arts unicorn white ink and the versafine clair I stamped several of the Journal Art Elemnets stamps around the page to finish it off.
Here is the finished page, although I might add a few doodles with a white pen or a black fineliner around the edges.

I used:
Book pages

On Wednesday I did a facebook live stamping on fabric for a mixed media journal page. Here is the finished page. 

You can find the video on the Bee crafty Facebook page here.
Thanks for looking and enjoy your weekend! 

4 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Fabulous journal pages Sally.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful work Sally, I love the layout and all the elements to your pages, Kate x

Pat said...

More fabulous work in your journal Sally with some wonderful elements so cleverly done! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What great creativity you have Sally, these are just gorgeous makes.
Faith x