Wednesday 21 February 2024

A butterfly for you

 

Hi There! I am here with another step by step for a simple card with white space (which is the current theme of the challenge over on the Bee Crafty Stamps group)

I began by masking off the central third of the square of smooth card with sticky notes
I then placed the Bakewell big one inkable over the card and blended approximately two thirds across the top with peacock Feathers and the bottom with Wilted Violet
I removed the inkable and the sticky note and added some kitsch flamingo through Mandala #1 inkable. 
On a scrap of mixed media card I stamped the doodle art butterfly (plus a few extras to colour in and add to the fodder box) in black Versafine Clair.
I also stamped the butterfly onto the background. 
I cut out and coloured the butterfly using ecoline markers, adding a few highlights with a white gel pen
Finally I added the butterfly, background and a stamped sentiment to the front of a 6" square card with a purple mat.
Here is the finished card once more. 
I used:
5.5" square smooth white card
Sticky notes
Distress oxide inks in Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet and Kitsch Flamingo
Ecoline markers
White gel pen
6x6" blank card

I do hope you can join in the challenge over in the facebook group! I will be live at 8pm this evening over on the Bee Crafty Page too.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Pat said...

So pretty Sally and I love the background stencilled leaving a strip in the centre and fading out to the right, and the mandala added over the left side with the beautifully coloured butterfly added, and a simple stamped sentiment finishes it perfectly. x

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card Sally, the butterfly is gorgeous and the stencilling in the background is lovely, Kate x