Wednesday 28 February 2024

Who can resist a rainbow?

 

Hi There! Thought I would have a little play with one of my favourite stamps of the moment and make a simple card using emboss resist.

I began by blending distress ink across a piece of smooth white card. I used crackling campfire, mustard seed, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch and villainous potion.
once this was totally dry I gave it a wipe with an antistatic bag, then stamped the leaves in versamark ink and heat embossed using clear embossing powder. 
I let this cool for a few seconds then sponged black soot distress oxide ink over the top, wiping over with a dry cloth to reveal the embossed areas. 
On a scrap of black card I stamped the sentiment in versamark ink and embossed using white embossing powder.
Finally I matted and layered the rainbow panel and the sentiment to a 13x18cm card. 

I used:
A 7.5x13cm piece of smooth white card
Distress inks in crackling campfire, mustard seed, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch and villainous potion
paper for matting and layering
13x18cm card blank
Versamark ink

Tomorrow is the last day of the current 'white Space' challenge over in the bee Crafty Stamps group, so you still have time to enter. 
There is also the #beecraftydeck2024 challenge where this week's prompt is 'rainbow'.
Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Pat said...

I just love the dramatic look with that wonderful rainbow of colours and the added embossed leaves, and all covered with the black ink..I think this technique is called Jacob's Coat and matted and layered with white and then black and on the white card it really stands out. A gorgeous card Sally. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Sally, what a fabulous technique and card. The colours really shine. x