Wednesday 14 February 2024

Favourite colours and stamps

 

Hi There! What do you do when your mojo is on holiday? I get out my favourite colours and favourite stamps and just have a play. This card was the result of just such a play. 

I began by painting a piece of watercolour paper with laidback lilac, blue lagoon and fresh lime dylusions paint using a wet brush and blending the edges together
Once this was dry, I painted white gesso through the Circles Big one inkable using a stencil brush. This too was left to dry.
I used the Mandala stamps to add to the background, stamping in Versafine Clair Summer Breeze and embossing with clear embossing powder. 
I matted and layered this onto a White A5 card. 
On a piece of mixed media card I stamped the sunflower, using versafine Clair, and coloured it with Ecoline markers before cutting out.
I attached this to the background using ultra thick gel medium. 
on a scrap of card I stamped the sentiment from mixed messages 1 and sponged a little ink around the edge, shaping the ends of the strip. 
Here is the finished card again. 
I used:
Dylusions paint in Laidback Lilac, Blue Lagoon and Fresh Lime
White gesso
Versafine Clair in Summer Breeze, Nocturne and Monarch
Ecoline markers
Ultra Thick gel medium

I really enjoyed making this card and it certainly helped to find my mojo again. 
Thanks for looking! 

No comments: