Wednesday 13 March 2024

Spring flowers

 

Hi There! I am here with a bit of spring colour to brighten your day. Here is how I made it.

I began by blending distress oxide through the Grande inkable onto a 15x15cm ivory base card.
On a 9cm square of ivory card I stamped the stems and buds from Journaling essentials #3 along with some leaves on a scrap of the same card, colouring them in with an ecoline pen and cutting out the leaves.
I added some background stamping from the same set to the square using distress oxide inks
I stamped and cut out three of the bells. I also stamped these onto the main panel where the cut outs were to be stuck on so I didn't need to tackle cutting out the stamens. 
Finally I matted and layered the square onto the card, adding the leaves and flowers with a little 3d glue gel.
Here is the finished card again
I used:
15x15cm ivory card
Inkables Grande - squircles
Distress oxide inks - I used picked Raspberry, Crackling Campfire, mustard seed, lucky clover, peacock feathers and wilted violet
9x9cm of ivory card
Versafine Clair ink - I used green oasis and glamorous
Green ecoline pen
3d glue gel
card for matting and layering

Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Pat said...

What a fabulous rainbow of colours for the stencilled background Sally, and the stylised tulips using the Essentials No. 3 set to put the foliage and flower heads together, and more pretty stamping around them..there is a sort of zentangle look about the foliage and buds which looks great...a gorgeous card! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I love this bright and beautiful card Sally. Such a happy and fabulous card. x