Wednesday 24 July 2024

More things with wings inspiration

Hi there! Here's a clean and simple card I made yesterday and a step by step tutorial to make it.
 

I began by adding masking tape to two sides of a 14cm square of white card. I blended a light dusting of Mermaid lagoon Distress ink to the lower left corner.
Next I blended some Pine Cone Distress ink through the Jungle Leaves Big one inkable. 
I stamped the Butterfly in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and removed the masking tape. 
On a piece of Catalyst card, I stamped the butterfly again. I cut it out and added a few highlights using a yellow gelly roll moonlight pen. 
I added this to the background along with a wordy sticker before adding a black border to the panel using a sharpie pen. Finally I attached the panel to a 15cm square white card. 
I used:
Distress ink - Mermaid Lagoon and Pine Needles
Black Sharpie pen

There is a week left to get your entry in to the Challenge over in the Bee Crafty stamps Facebook group, so I hope this inspiration helps. Also, I will be live this evening on the Bee Crafty Facebook Page at 8pm, so I hope you will join me.
Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Pat said...

I just adore the large stencilled leaf shapes within the masked corner with the colour fading out Sally, and the gorgeous butterfly coloured in complementary colours looks so pretty over the top..a fabulous simple but elegant card. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the exotic feel from this card, with the wonderful leaf stencil and the gorgeous butterfly. Love it. x