Wednesday 10 July 2024

Things with wings


 Hi There! Thought I would show you how I made this card today. The theme for our Challenge over in the Bee Crafty Stamps group on facebook is 'things with wings' so this card is a little inspiration for you. 
I began by blending distress inks around the left and lower edges of a 14cm square piece of smooth card. 

Next I used the Blueprint sketch ink through a dinkable, leaving a little white space.
I stamped the dragonfly in Black Versafine Clair ink and watercoloured it. 
Using the gellyroll moonlight pens, I added a little detail to the dragonfly once dry.
I stamped the ticker tape sentiment in Bali Blue ink on a scrap of white card.
Finally I added the card panel to the front of a white card then added the sentiment and dragonfly using matte medium.
I used:
Distress inks in Peacock Feathers, Wilted violet and Blueprint Sketch
Versafine Clair ink in Nocturne and Bali Blue

I do hope you will be able to join in with the challenge this month! 
Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the colour mix Sally, the stencilling is perfect, and I love the butterfly, a gorgeous card. x

Pat said...

This is gorgeous in shades of blue and purple with just that bit of green on that gorgeous dragonfly..wonderful added penwork too, and looks great over the circles and dots in the background and a super idea to leave a little empty space in the top right corner, and finished with the lovely words on the sentiment strips. x