Wednesday 3 July 2024

Smile Sunshine!

 

Hi There! For my blog post this week I thought I would try and use some pastel colours.... 

I began by stamping the Doodle Art sunflower in Memento ink then coloured it using Alcohol markers
On a 6x4 piece of mixed media card I blended Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass Distress oxide. 
I placed the Circles 1 Big ones inkable over the inky background and blended a little Picked Raspberry Distress oxide in through it. 
I removed the inkable and used the same ink to stamp some of the stamps from Journaling Essentials #3 in the circles and around the edges.
I matted and layered the background onto a 5x7" card, then added the sunflower and a wordy sticker sentiment on foam pads. 
Here is the finished card again, which turned out a lot less pastel than I intended! 
I used:
Distress oxide inks in Tumbled Glass, Spun sugar and Picked Raspberry
Memento Tuxedo black ink
Alcohol markers
5x7 card
6x4 piece of mixed media card
Coordinating card for matting and layering
Foam pads

These colours are not my usual go to colours, but I love the way it turned out! There is a brand new challenge over on the Bee Crafty Facebook group where the theme is 'Things with Wings'. I do hope you will come and join in the fun! 

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I LOVE this card Sally, a wonderful colour mix, love the sunflower too, a real cheerful Summery card. x

Pat said...

I love the softer colours in the background Sally and the added stamping over the circles and edging the top and bottom look great, but after all sunflowers are bright yellow so they have to be bright..I love it. x