Tuesday 5 May 2009

Hidden Garden Gems





I thought I would share with you a few of the flowers in my garden at the moment. I took these photos at the weekend.
I really like to find
something to look at when you get closer to the borders that you can't necessarily see from the house. I also like scented flowers - the lily of the valley is really gorgeous. I think my favourite little gem is the violet though. I remember finding them in the wild on spring walks with my Dad when I was about six. I tried in vain to press one keeping the shape. Thank goodness for photography!









5 comments:

lottie said...

A lady of my own 'heart' flowers, gardening, and art crafty. But the latter I have not been doing for long, so I have a long way to go before I catch up with you.

I do have a big allotment though

http://kooringa.com/

Love your blues - aren't Forget me nots - just the sweetest little flowers?

Off to read your past posts on here.

Lynne K said...

Beautiful flowers, Sally, beautifully photographed.

Sally H said...

Thanks, both of you. I can photograph flowers Lynne - they don't fly away or run off!

lisa said...

I agree with Lottie, do you think the love of gardening, flowers and craft go together, there seems to be a lot of it about?
Your photos are lovely Sally. I love blue flowers too, although mine are looking a bit wind swept today it has been very windy here!
More garden photos please!

Lisax

Lesley said...

Beautiful flowers Sally xx