Sunday 24 May 2009

Half term, Yes!

Yesterday we went to see my Dad, and went a little walk with him to 'the Carrs', a large green with a river passing through and mill dam. The resident swans have had eight cygnets, which we watched as the parents chased off any ducks that got too close. The male also took on a child's bike that he had abandoned on the path!
I am sure Megan will blog her photos of them very soon. When we got home Megan went out for the night for a sleepover at a friends house, so after tea I made a couple of cards. The first uses some Heart stamps from Blonde Moments and a greeting from the front of a Creativity magazine. The background is done with creative colour sprays (Crafty Notions) and the hearts are painted with Blonde Moments Pearl pigments mixed with water. Not my usual style, but I'm being a bit more diverse at the moment!
The second card is one I have been going to make since my birthday! The Ruby Tuesday plate from Graphicus was one of my birthday presents, but I have to say it came as a bit of a shock when I saw just how big the flowers were! Still, They will fit onto a 5"x7" card, so here it is.
I coloured it in the same way as the previous card after heat embossing the image using clear EP on black card. I'm now off to rediscover the surface of my craft table before I go and help Steve with hedge cutting in the garden.

2 comments:

June said...

Oh what beautiful cards and i love those hearts. love that you recycle too :)
I am in love with those cutie cygnets what magnificent photo's. you are so lucky
Hugs June xxxx

lisa said...

Your walk sounds lovely Sally. Swans can be very bossy can't they?
I absolutely love these cards you've made. The colours are gorgeous. I have the Graphicus stamp on my wish list and seeing this just makes me want it NOW!!!!
Enjoy your hedge cutting!

Lisax