Wednesday 10 June 2009

Yeeessss!

I've finished my reports! I am so happy! I will probably have to tweak a few, but they are essentially done! There is still a heap of work to do before we break up for the summer, but I can spare a bit of time to indulge my addictions!!!
Anyway, I thought I would share with you a couple of photos of my namesake - this is a Sally Holmes Rose. Not named after me unfortunately, but I was lucky enough to have 2 bought for me as a 40th birthday pressent a few years ago. I was worried they would be damaged by the heavy rain at the weekend, so when I saw one out when I opened the curtains this morning I popped out with my camera. When I came home today I finally put together this card that has been sitting in bits on my desk whilst I have been report writing.
The stamps are from crafty individuals. I normally rush for my distress inks with these stamps, but went for Kaleidacolor Fresh Greens instead. The daisy was stamped onto a brayered piece, then I painted the petals with bleach to whiten them. I added a hint of pink with distress inks when it was dry.
After tea I had a quick stroll down the garden again and spotted a few more buds still damp from the shower we had.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous, I've just got this inkpad but I've not used it yet.
It's fantastic photography on your rose Sally, it looks beautiful x

Papoosue said...

Those roses are beautiful :-)

lisa said...

I love your rose, Sally. Fancy having one with the same name, that just has to be fate and it's so pretty.

I love your card too. The colours are so fresh and the cuttlebugging and flourishes work so well with that stamp.

Lisax

June said...

Oh what a gorgeous card Sally, I love the work you did on that and the flower is stunning. Beautiful photos too
I have tagged you over at http://junesartyretreat.blogspot.com/
hope you have a fab weekend
Hugs June xxx

Phree said...

Gorgeous card, love effect of bleaching out the daisy petals on the brayerd background. Fresh Greens is one of my fav Kaleidacolor pads.