Sunday 25 September 2011

A few cards

Well, I've had several requests for cards and had to just get on with them - mojo or no-mojo. I can't say I'm particularly thrilled with any of them, but I'm posting them any way, as I've nothing else at the moment.
The first one is a silver wedding card using Inkylicious stamps and silver embossing.
The second card is a Mo Manning Digi called 'I love it!'. I coloured it with promarkers and Used some MME papers behind it.
Not sure what happened to his hair - not the colour I wanted it to be!
Next we have a Penny black image, stamped for me by my good friend Jules and coloured with promarkers. I teamed it up with some Pink petticoat papers.
Finally we have some owls (one of my two magnolia stamps). I coloured the owls with promarkers, and did a bit of research on owl eye colour. Did you know that an owl with very dark eyes is normally active at night, an owl with yellow eyes is active during the day, and an owl with orange eyes is active at dawn and dusk? Unfortunately this lot look positively evil now! The papers here are MME also.
Thanks to those of you that wished me well on my course. I have to say I wasn't looking forward to it, but it was surprisingly very good, in that it was focused on the real world and will be useful too!
Well, thanks for looking, and if you see my mojo, please send it back to me pronto!

11 comments:

craftimamma said...

Tee Hee! I love your owls Sally. They don't look evil to me, they look a bit tipsy ;). The other cards are lovely too but I think the owls are mny favourite.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sue said...

Stop being so hard on yourself Sally your cards are beautiful! I love your silver anniversary one and the demented owl look is very on trend (just kidding it's fab)x

Fliss said...

These all look lovely to me Sally and I especially like the Silver Wedding one too. Those owls are really cute as is the little un.
I think sometimes we're our own worst critic but the recipients are sure to love these.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Paula Whittaker said...

what a fab lot of cards....like the others have said, stop being so hard on yourself!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Wow you've been busy Sally. That 25th Anniversary card is really beautiful. But then all your cards are gorgeous!
:)

pinky said...

Crikey Sally its ages from i dropped in on you, hanging my head in shame:( But life is giving me little time for blog hopping at the minute. I love your selection of cards and as usual you are way to hard on yourself. Glad the course turned out to be useful:) makes a change lol.

Linby said...

ooh very educational post re the owls - that will be the teacher in you LOL!
I love your cards, especially the silver anniversary which looks fab.
Hope your mojo is back by now.
Lynn x

Vicky Hayes said...

Goodness you've been busy! One of the things I love about your blog Sally is that you're a mine of information! I think the owl in your card might like to stop being so active and get a bit of kip! You sound very frustrated but your cards are lovely. Vx

Jules said...

Hi Sal

Thanks for your good wishes on my blog.

Lots of lovely makes .. . my favourite is the first one. What scrummy stamps and embossing!!

Love Jules xx

lisa said...

If this is what you create when your mojo is missing there's no hope for the rest of us, Sally, these are lovely, especially the Silver Wedding, I love the swirls. It's really elegant.
I never knew that about owls but I do now!!!!
Glad your course went well and hope you are having a good week.
Hugs Lisax

Spyder said...

oh these are all fantastic cards, love Penny Black and Mo Manning, can do no wrong with them! Your Anniversary card is lovely, a real keepsake! I've been a terrible blogger too!! Have a great crafty week!
(Lyn)