Tuesday 13 September 2011

Flowers and swirls at Allsorts

Well, I was wondering if I would make it this week! I am a bit lacking in the mojo department and didn't know what to do for this week's Allsorts, where the theme is flowers and swirls. Then I remembered a card that I made in the summer and didn't blog. Here it is:
I'm just hoping that embossed background is swirly enough! The sweet Pea stamp is an old one from Stampourium (no longer available, I'm afraid - about 14 years old!) I used distress inks to colour the sweet peas. The background is stamped with Hero Arts Antique flower background and the gold embossed leafy swirl is from Inkylicious. The flowers are a mini poinsettia die from Marrianne designs. They make a rather good clematis I think! Here is a close up of my crackle background.
Thanks for stopping by and your comments are much appreciated!  Hopefully I will find my mojo soon!

15 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Sally...lovely card, beautiful image and the crackle detail looks wonderful.
Debbie x

Tracy said...

Hi Sally
A really fabulous design, love your image too. Hope you find your Mojo soon
Happy crafting
Tracy x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful card Sally - love the crackle background, the embossing, and the wonderful image.
I cannot believe that your Mojo has gone missing - your work is always stunning.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Carola Bartz said...

The background is definitely swirly enough! In my eyes your card fits the theme perfectly.

lisa said...

I bet you are so busy at work being a new school year, it's no wonder your mojo is taking a break, You must be exhausted at the end of the day.
This card is really beautiful though, that embossed background certainly looks swirly enough to me. I love your sweetpeas too.
Hope Mr Mojo returns soon
Hugs Lisax

PinksyDoodles said...

This is a real beauty Sally. I love the crackle effect and gold embossing.
Hug, Clare x

Paula Whittaker said...

the gold embossing really enhances the main image.Fab card.

Lisa Jane said...

i know what you mean about the mojo.. mines on holiday too lol
But i love this beautiful card -those sweet peas are gorgeous .. and i think the tendrils count as swirls too lol
I love the crackle background.. it looks fabulous
Lisa x

brenda said...

Beautiful colouring Sally and never fear, plenty of swirls.

Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Vicky Hayes said...

Just gorgeous - I love the gold embossing round the edge of the flower panel. I wouldn't worry about your mojo Sally - don't you always feel like this at the start of a new school year? Vx

Sue said...

This is so pretty Sally, such gently colours, and I love your embossing and the crackle background x

Lesley Edmonds said...

What a lovely stamp that is. Beautifully used too and I love the touch of lace.
x

Mummylade said...

it's a brilliant contribution to the challenge this week. Thanks for joining Sally

craftimamma said...

This is really beautiful Sally. Love the crackle background and that sweet pea stamp is lovely (I have a soft spot for sweet peas - remind me of my lovely late MIL).

Hope you find your mojo very soon.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Cath Wilson said...

This is lovely - the gold embossed leaves really finish it off. I have some Annadoodle stamps and have fond memories of Stamporium.