Friday 18 September 2020

Things I am thankful for

It has been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster of a week for me this week. I won't go into details, but I wanted to make myself think of the positives rather than the negatives, so decided I would write a post in celebration of the things that have made me feel positive throughout lockdown and in some cases for much longer than that.


First I am going to mention Karate. I volunteered at the beginning of lockdown to run a zoom class each week,  as well as training with my Sensei on Tuesdays and my friend Yvonne on Wednesdays. Not only have I kept fit and kept up my level of karate, but I have made new friends from other regions who came on Zoom to train with me. Thank you, SK, Yvonne, Andy, Richard, Karen and all of my 'karate family'. You are all truly appreciated.


Appreciation has been instrumental in making me feel more positive. Crafting-wise appreciation has come from our lovely Jean and Malcolm at Crafty Individuals, Our Bev and Sam and the Bee crafty team, and some lovely bloggers, facebookers and instagrammers who always give me that warm fuzzy feeling with their lovely supportive comments. I'd like to mention Pat, Faith, Kate, Sue, Joan, Sandra, Lynne and Viv particularly. Thank you all for your encouragement. I was also  presented with a lovely certificate by my Sensei for supporting my karate club too. 

 Next up is crafting. I have stamped, sewn, crocheted, embroidered and needlefelted my heart out, and felt a sense of wellbeing because of it. 

Next I am going to talk about Friends. There are lots of you out there that I really consider to be my friends, even though some of us have never met. I really do appreciate you all. One person has been my friend for 17 years as well as the best crafting buddy you could ever wish for. She has encouraged me and helped me, as well as introducing me to new crafts, like needlefelting at a very stressful time in my life, when stabbing something over and over was better than any therapy. We are each other's alibi for crafty shopping and we have each other's backs through thick and thin. Thank you, Lynne. You are the sister I never had x


Finally I am going to mention family. My wonderful husband puts up with such a lot and he is my best friend and soulmate. Our family means the world to me. I am so proud of our wonderful daughter and so happy to see her and her partner settled in their first house in a wonderful part of the Derbyshire countryside. 

Thanks for reading this and for being a part of what I am thankful for xxx

9 comments:

Lynne K said...

Such a lovely post, Sally. Right back at you too! xxxx

Viv said...

Awww Sal - loved reading this. xx

Glennis F said...

Thank you for your lovely post

Helen said...

Hope you're ok. Thank you for taking the time to be thankful!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a beautiful post Sally and it’s brought a tear to my eye. I’ve always been inspired by your wonderful artwork and it seems that we are drawn together time and time again through our love of card making. You are such a kind, thoughtful and supportive friend and I too feel grateful to have you in my life, thank you. Crafty hugs, Sandra xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! Sally, I hope things get better for you, as for appreciation? how could your amazing work be anything other than inspirational and be appreciated, I have always been in awe of your colouring and design. Know that there are many people who love and admire you.
Keep safe and well
Hugs
Faith x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Sally, what a wonderful post, really quite emotional, and I'm so glad you have so many good people in your life to carry you through difficult times, and you too are an inspiration to so many too, i love your beautiful makes and inspire me to make those projects.
Karate is a great way of keeping both physically and mentally healthy too, and to off er zoom training session must have been a super buzz for you, keeping both yourself and others coping through the lockdown. Keep on keeping going, and never doubt that there are people out there who care for you, Hugs Kate x

Pat said...

It is good when times are a bit tough to look to the positives and you are such a lovely talented and creative lady Sally, and your beautiful personality always shines through. It is wonderful to hear how much you have gained from your karate and also your sewing and cardmaking and you give 100% to everything you do. I always love looking and commenting on your work and although we live far apart I am so pleased that through blogging and instagram we have become friends. Your heartfelt words are so lovely and I just hope that whatever the present problem is it will be resolved soon. Take care. xx

Laura said...

Hi Sally, I just discovered your blog via Pinterest. I have been enjoying your scene cards from Aug.-December 2014! WOW! I just kept pinning card after card! Thanks for sharing your creative ideas! I hope you are focusing on the positives and feeling more comfortable. It's a crazy time with this pandemic and all the isolation we are enduring! I am thankful that I found your blog! Hugs, Laura