Wednesday 2 October 2024

My Favourite Season

 

Hi There! I'm here with a double page journal spread today to welcome in my favourite season, Autumn. 

I began by stamping the page with random patches of the Background script and crackle stamps using Desert Sand Versafine Clair ink. 
Next I used the Dinkables set 14 leaves, sponging Distress oxide ink over them and also spritzing the inky leaves with water and laying on top.  
I added a few sprays of Distress Spritz on to the inked background and dried using a heat tool. 
Once it was completely dry I added the wordy sticker sentiment. I often leave the sentiment till last and don't leave enough room, so I thought it would be good to try it the other way around this time! 

Next I stamped some doodle Art Mushroom on to some watercolour card.
I cut them out and coloured using Ecoline markers and a wet brush. I coloured the spots on the mushrooms using Gelly roll Moonlight pens.

Finally I attached the mushrooms to the page using a little matte medium, grounding the smaller ones using a little brown ink. 

I used:
Small square sketchbook
Versafine Clair ink in Desert Sand and Nocturne
Distress Oxide ink in Crackling Campfire, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, Mustard seed and Shabby Shutters
Distress Spritz in Barn Door, Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade
Ecoline Pens

Thanks for looking! 

1 comment:

Pat said...

A bright and beautiful journal double page Sally and I love the script and crackle background with the leaves stencilled around and spritzed to ink lift giving this wonderful effect, and the added pretty mushrooms and white on black sentiment strips finish this perfectly. x