Monday 16 February 2009

Thinking of Spring...

The snow has almost all gone, and as it melted it revealed snowdrops in our garden. That made me think of spring, so last night I made a couple of cards with spring in mind. I used all Graphicus stamps. The first is my attempt at something Glenda did back in June 2008, and I found on her Artylicious blog. I stamped the tree from the Aboretum plate and then stamped the flowers and embossed in white embossing powder. I used alcohol inks to colour them pink. It's ok, but not as good as I would have liked. I was rather pleased with the brayering of the background though. I'm getting better at making it more uniform. The plants in the foreground are from the Wild Meadow plate. The next card uses the Wild meadow plate again and adirondack inks in lettuce and meadow. I stamped the thistle in olive versafine and coloured it with my Aquatone pencils. I then coloured over it with a versamarker and embossed with clear embossing powder. After that I stamped the plants in the background using lettuce. More use of my nestabilities!

No comments: