Tuesday 19 April 2011

Disruption for a couple of days

Good afternoon! I thought I'd better do a post to let you know that my visits to blog land might be disrupted for a couple of days. The reason is that we have a rotten joist under the front room floor. This room houses my PC and all my craft stuff, so bit by bit I'm having to move it into various places around the house. We did have a piano too, but that was heading towards our cellar so quickly we decided it could go. The keyboard we have will come downstairs in it's place once it is all finished. We have a fab builder who is fairly confidant that he can sort it in a day (two tops) and so normal service should be resumed by the weekend.
Before I disappear I'll just show you a couple of cards.
 First up is Meg's birthday card, made using a sweet pea fairy, some Artylicious essence of nature papers and some of the rolled roses I've been making recently. The next are two Easter cards stamped with a wild rose studio stamp called 'sheep for ewe'. I don't do much cute, but I know this will go down a storm with Steve's mum and several friends, so it leaped into my basket on our last visit to Sir Stampalot. The daisy swirl in the background is an aspects of design stamp (Kay Carley) available from the Stampman.

 I'm entering these into the following challenges:
Craft your days away - Easter
My time to craft  - Easter Wishes


 Finally here is another creation from the blog girl day at sir stampalot. This was a project we made with Chris. It is going to sit on my desk and look after the post its I seem to accumulate. The dragon is another Wild rose studio stamp and those gorgeous papers are from Stella Rose.
Thanks for looking and wish me luck with the floor! I'll be back!!!!

9 comments:

pinky said...

Oh dear hope its not too serious:( Loving your gorgeous cards, the first is very magical and great shape. Love the nice bright colours in the second. Take it easy Sally:)

Lisa Jane said...

ooh hope you get sorted soon.
I love the cards .. megan's is gorgeous .
I also love how you finished off the little box we made at class.. the little dragon is so cute
Lisa x

craftimamma said...

Oooh poor you, Sally! I hate that sort of disruption. That's why I hate decorating too. Hope you get through it without too much stress and very quickly.

The cute Easter cards and box from your blog girl day are all lovely but favourite has to be Megan's birthday card. Love the colours and beautiful image. I've been making some of those rolled roses from handmade tissue paper tonight.
I bet Megan loved it.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Lynne K said...

Good luck! Hope your builder gets it sorted sooner rther than later.

Having seen Meg's card IRL I can say that it is even more gorgeous than it looks in the photo. Love the Easter cards. xx

Lesley Edmonds said...

Oooerrr! Good luck with the upheaval!!! Hope all goes well.

Love these projects Sally, especially the little sheep...

Beautiful pics on your last post too. Thanks for sharing the beauty.

Lesley x

Milena said...

Wishing you lots and lots of luck with your floor- I know that situation well ;) That dragon organiser is gorgeous :) Thank you for all the lovely comments on my blog, you are a fab friend xxx

lisa said...

I hope you get things sorted out without to much disruption Sallt. I hate having to have these kinds of jobs done, it's always such an upheaval.
Your crop of cards are beautiful. i love Meg's, those Nestie shapes are gorgeous.
Your post box is great too.
Good Luck my friend.
Hugs Lisax

deesdesigns said...

Love the diversity of your cards, they are each gorgeous in their own way. Thank you for joining our Easter challenge at My Time To Craft! Thank you for joining our Easter challenge at My Time To Craft!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hope you get your room sorted out ASAP - these jobs can be rather stressful, particularly when it affects your CRAFT space!! Beautiful projects as always Sally - love the box you made at Sir Stampalot (sounds like you all had a fabulous time). Happy Easter to you and yours - hugs, Sylvia x