Sunday 10 April 2011

A fabulous weekend

Hi There! Well, I have had a fabulous weekend. On Saturday we went to Sir Stampalot for another Blog Girls get together with Chris and Brenda. Here are a couple of my makes...
 This first one was one we did with Brenda using a penny black stamp. The flower was made using Tim's tattered flower dies and the melt pot.
This second card was done with Chris. The twisted easel used lots of mini stamps. I have quite a lot of mini flowers and I will definitely be making more of these! The flower was made using one of those quilling cuttlebug kits. I will show you a few more of my makes in the next few days. We took Lynne with us and met Lisa Jane there for the first time, along with Linda, Hayley and some other lovely ladies. Brenda had made us a lovely gift bag which you can see on her blog, and Chris had made us a beautiful bookmark, which I pressed into use as soon as I got home (Lisa posted a photo of hers here). We really enjoyed it and as usual came back with much lighter purses! I felt I'd earned some serious retail therapy after the past few weeks! The food was wonderful too, especially Chris's Cheesecake which was to die for...
Today I've been busy making  cards needed for the final few days of this term. Two birthdays and two christening cards.

 These two feature Kay Carley's Funky Flowers (Aspect's of design) stamps. The second uses paper from the Artylicious Essence of nature cd.
 I hope these fit the bill for christening cards. I've not made any for quite a while and suddenly got asked to make three.

Five more working days to go before we have a fortnight's holiday from school- whoohoo!

8 comments:

Lynne K said...

We did have a brilliant day, didn't we? Love the flower cards (just my colours!) and the Christening cards are gorgeous, I'm sure they'll fit the bill perfectly. xx

craftimamma said...

Wow Sally, what a lovely inspirational post! Every card featured is gorgeous. Of them all, my personal favourite is the first of the birthday cards but only because my current favourite colour is that gorgeous green.

Thanks for sharing the lovely cards you made yesterday and I'm so glad you all had such a smaching time.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sue said...

Wonderfull cards thanks for sharing Luv Sue x

Jules said...

Wow Sal .. .. .. a post and a half.

Lots of lovely creations .. .. my favourite has to be the twisted easel .. .. it looks really beautiful.

I am pleased you had a lovely time - and now you have the Easter break coming up to play with all of your goodies. LOL!!!

Love Jules xx

chris said...

Hi Sally so pleased you enjoyed your day I certainly did it was fab.
you have some other beautiful makes here too, you have been busy. hugs chris xx

lisa said...

I'm racing round trying to catch up with everyone so forgive me for being a bad blogger lately, Sal. Easter hols means Blogging time is limited. We only have a few days left but what stunning weather we've been blessed with. I hope it comes back for you.
Your Less Is More card is gorgeous and I love the poppies in the post previous.
Your Sir Stampalot weekend sounds fantastic. I love all the makes. I met Lisa Jane at Harrogate this year. She's great fun isn't she!
Hope your last few days of school whizz by.
Hugs Lisax

Jules said...

Hi Sal

Wish I did have an invisibility cloak .. .. I would have such fun!!! LOL!!!

Hope you are enjoying the Easter break.

Love Jules xx

Kay Carley said...

Do my eyes deceive me or should I recognise some of these stamps??? LOL!!

Great job Sally! xx