Monday 18 April 2011

A great weekend

Yesterday we had a lovely walk with my dad, through woodland and alongside fields not far from my childhood home. It was warm and sunny and the bluebells were coming out almost as we watched. The blackthorn was beautiful too...
Although, I think this photo of Meg's captures it's splendour far more than mine does!
Today my beautiful daughter celebrated her 14th birthday, so I made her birthday cake - a giant strawberry cupcake!
I will share a photo of her card when I have taken a decent photo of it.Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a gorgeous pics and that cake looks scrumdiddlyumtious
Lisa x

Teri said...

Woah, that is one serious cake!! Bet it tastes scrummy!

brenda said...

Looks like we all grabbed our cameras this weekend, such beautiful pictures.

And what a yummy looking cake, Happy Birthday Megan.

B x

lisa said...

Happy Birthday to Meg. A real young lady now, Sally. Don't they grow fast!! Her photo of the blossom is just beautiful.
The countryside is perfect at the minute isn't it. The Spring has been one of the best I can remember for a long time.
Hope you are enjoying your Easter hols.
hugs Lisax

craftimamma said...

A very happy belated birthday wish to Megan. I'm sure she's had a wonderful weekend. The photos of the blossom and bluebell are gorgeous. I had to go up to Jenna's yesterday evening and the smell of the bluebells as I was going through Clumber Park was really heady then one of the villages I pass through at the other end of the A1 was bathed in the perfume of blossom. Simply gorgeous!

As for the fabulous giant cupcake - well, what can I say? Truly mouthwatering!

Hugs
Lesley XX

Tracy said...

What fabulous photos and a truly delicious cake.
Happy crafting
Tracy x