Sunday, 1 March 2009

A couple of birthday cards.

I sat down to make a card for a colleague's birthday this afternoon. This is the finished article, which I'm pleased with. I used the cuttlebug to cut the nestabilities and emboss the circle. The flowers were from 'A bit more than...' at Edwinstowe and started life looking like this.
I made three flowers from two on the card. The background behind the nestie was stamped using Lavinia Stamps and Peacock Brilliance, using the blue and turquoise parts. Initially I stamped a background using my Versacolour Icicle pad, but it was the wrong shade of blue. I put it on one side, and used it to make this card. All stamps on this one are from Lavinia stamps and I used my 'nesties' again.

1 comment:

Lynne K said...

Beautiful! A great way to use the flowers on the first card.