Friday 27 March 2009

What a week!

It has been a very eventful week at work, with governors meetings, work scrutiny (we looked at every child's English books right across school) and lots of staff succumbing to the tummy bug going around. I have been working late and not managing to do much, craft-wise. I was getting stamping withdrawal, so last night I stayed up too late, stamped this and have just finished putting it together. It uses 3 stamps from my mother's day present, the ISC Friendship plate. I coloured the whole thing with Distress inks in worn lipstick, broken china, tea dye and antique linen. I didn't quite get the shading right on her face, but I think she will do. Thanks Megan, I love my present! The frame was made using my labels 1 nestabilities. That face makes me feel so serene and destressed!

2 comments:

lisa said...

Another lovely card Sally. The colours work beautifully and the gentle face does work-you are very clever.
By the way, thanks for the tip for the brayer. I have had a go just wiping over an ink pad but am struggling to get the colour on the background and not the embossed pattern. Will have to have another try tomorrow.
Love
Lisax

Lynne K said...

Beautiful card. You're right, the face is very serene. I must get that stamp set...