Friday 10 April 2009

More Distress Inks

Inspired by Hels at Ink on my Fingers, I got out my distress inks to try to do justice to some of my favourite Crafty Individuals stamps, and I'm quite pleased with the result! I used Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and Tea Dye. The text is stamped with Vintage photo. All stamps are Crafty Individuals. The tag and the flowers were spritzed with gold Creative colour sprays from Crafty Notions (link in side bar). The only problem now is I look like a heavy smoker with such stained fingers! I'm trying to decide what to do now for my 100th post, coming up very soon. Any ideas or donations of blog candy would be greatly appreciated!

6 comments:

lisa said...

You should be pleased with this Sally it's gorgeous. I love the colours and those stamps work so well. I must get the text stamp, it's just what I've been looking for. Can't wait for your 100th post.
Have a great weekend.
Lisax

Lynne K said...

Wow! Gorgeous!

Hels Sheridan said...

Cor, this is beautiful - one of my favest ever stamps too - that little face is so pretty :O)) Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and I am so chuffed that you said I inspired you...am made up, thank you xx As for your 100th post - why not make something that is made up of little things? Like a tag book with inchies and embellies until you have 100 on the piece, or a canvas with stampbord including the numbers 100? Just ideas that I hope will help... Hugs xx

Sally H said...

Thanks, Hels! what lovely ideas! I can see I'm going to be busy for a while!

Sue said...

This is fab Sally, the colours are just gorgeous. I always end up with mud when I use distress inks, but I keep on trying lol.
Coming up to 100 posts eh - well done and keep 'em coming.
Have a great Easter and enjoy the school holidays xx

Phree said...

Gorgeous work, love the way you have blended the colours to higlight the childs face.